- Contract :
- Permanent Full Time
- Creation date :
- Reference :
Based in Hemel Hempstead, Bodet Ltd is the UK subsidiary of the Bodet Group which employs over 700 staff and exports globally to over 70 countries across the world via its extensive distribution network. We are a leading organisation that specialises in time management and security solutions for businesses across the UK, ranging from academic, retail, finance, manufacturing, logistics, health, public sector and many more.
An exciting and varied role has now become available for a field-based consultant/engineer who enjoys a challenge, learning and diversity. Although this is a field based role the candidate must be located within a commutable distance from Hemel Hempstead.
Due to the diversity of the role, we would like the candidates to meet as many of the following requirements as possible.
- A background in electronics or experience of electrical installation.
- A good knowledge level of networking (TCP/IP).
- Ability to install hardware including clocking in terminals and access control readers and locks.
- Ability to install and activate Microsoft applications and a good working knowledge of Microsoft outlook.
- Ability to work independently and in a flexible manner.
- Highly organised.
- IT literate with core Microsoft software.
- Willingness to travel to customer sites and spend on average 8 nights away from home per month.
- An appetite for learning and wanting to excel.
- Prepare and carry out the installation of Bodet’s Time & Attendance, Access Control Door Furniture and Clock and Bell systems at customer sites accurately and on-time.
- Provide customer training during the installation so customers are able to use our systems competently.
- Answer any customer queries before and during the installation.
- Report any issues related to customer installations to the technical services manager in a timely manner.
- Carry out maintenance and repairs both in-house and at customer sites.
- Offer technical support to customers and our distributor network.
- Organise future installations.
- Assist the sales team in preparing for customer meetings.
- Ensure that the workshop is kept in an orderly and efficient manner at all times.
- Offer ad-hoc assistance to the technical manager and other internal departments when requested.
- A company car will be provided which can be used for private use.
- 20 days holiday initially rising to 25 with length of service.
- Pension contribution.
- Private health care after 24 months of service.
- Equal Opportunities Policy Regarding Employment
- Bodet Ltd will not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, part time or fixed term contract status, sexual orientation or religion in the allocation of duties between employees employed at any level with comparable job descriptions.
- Bodet Ltd will put in place any reasonable measures and/or adjustments within the workplace for those employees who become disabled during employment or for disabled appointees.
- All employees will be considered solely on their merits for career development and promotion with equal opportunities for all.
The Bodet Group
The Bodet Group provides Time Management Solutions to over 35,000 customers in more than 70 countries worldwide. Our solutions are designed and manufactured to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 standards and are used in a wide range of sectors including manufacturing, education, finance, healthcare and logistics. The Bodet Group employs over 700 staff across Europe and exports its products and solutions across the world via its extensive distribution network.
In Europe the Bodet Group has offices in Switzerland, Holland, Spain, Belgium and the UK. In the UK, our office is based in Hemel Hempstead.
Five good reasons to join
- Work in a close-knit organisation and feel valued
- Join a dynamic team
- Participate in innovative projects in varied locations
- Opportunity for advancement with real prospects
- Work with high quality products