Lockdown Alert System
Secure your pupils and staff with Bodet’s Lockdown Alert System
A growing number of schools in the UK have been exposed to major incidents or threats of violence on their premises. Due to the random nature of these events, there is little schools can do to prevent them. However, by having clear and effective communication systems installed alongside robust lockdown and evacuation procedures, schools can be certain they are doing all they can to ensure the safety of staff and students.
If you would like to see how a Lockdown Alert System can form part of your Lockdown procedures, this lockdown video on the BBC website demonstrates the Bodet system installed at Reinwood Junior School. The filmed lockdown drill begins with a distinct lockdown alert being broadcast across the school, prompting pupils and staff to take immediate action.
Events which could trigger a full or partial lockdown:
- Incident or disturbance in the local community.
- Intruder on school site with potential to pose a risk.
- Warning of air pollution.
- Major fire in the vicinity of the school.
- Dangerous dog roaming loose.
Using a fire bell to announce class change, as well as all emergency situations such as evacuation and lockdown, can lead to confusion. In the event of a possible violent intruder on the premises, the last thing any school wants is pupils streaming out onto a playground and gathering at assembly points.
To solve this issue, Bodet have created a Lockdown Solution which broadcasts a unique Lockdown School Alert. A combination of trigger methods such as wired multi-button control panel, wireless remote control, GSM signal or mobile/PC application can broadcast emergency alerts, such as lockdown, evacuation and panic alarm. In the event of an emergency this enables specific alarms to be broadcast across your entire site, as well as routine announcements such as class change, lunch, wet break or the end of school. That way, both staff and pupils know what is happening and what action to take.
Methods for triggering lockdown include:
- Multi-button Control Panel connected to your IT network which can broadcast a school-wide lockdown emergency alert on button press
- Wireless Remote Control, with up to 1km range from receiver connected to master clock (subject to interference), and acknowledgement of receipt upon press
- GSM Control Box, with options to trigger alert by phonecall, and also receive SMS messages to registered numbers upon triggering
- Harmonys Notify, an app for smartphones and PCs which acts as a virtual control box to broadcast emergency alerts remotely (smartphones need to be on same VLAN as Harmonys System)
Benefits of Bodet’s Lockdown Solution
- Broadcast a unique lockdown alert, separate to fire alarm, class change and other emergency situations.
- Choice of both wired and remote lockdown alert triggering methods which can be combined depending on your school’s exact requirements.
- Bodet’s Lockdown School Alert Solution can be part of Harmonys, a 5-in-1 Class Change System which also includes Class Change, Synchronised Clock, PA and music streaming functionality.
For full details of our Harmonys Class Change System, please see our Class Change Page. Our experienced sales team will be able to devise a lockdown solution tailored to the specific requirements of your school. To arrange this, or for more information, please contact us.